Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Student Challenge: Boy and Girl

A boy and a girl sit next to each other in class. "I am a boy," says the child with blue eyes. "I am a girl," says the child with brown eyes. Their teacher knows that at least one of them is lying. Which is the boy and which is the girl?

For a blog point, place your answer in a closed envelope addressed to "Mr. Koch." Put your name and grade as the return address. Deliver it to Mr. Koch at school.

p.s. If you can't find me, your teacher can put it in my mailbox too!
p.p.s. You can add comments, but DON'T reveal your answer in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. I'm examining the wording carefully, but also looking at it from the point of view of a random dude sitting there saying "What the heck this makes NO SENSE!!!" I continue to fail, and I'm calm about it, but 7% of my brain is thinking "RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! WHAT THE HECK IS THIS DUMB CREATION OF--" ***Rage Timeout***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good self-management skills, Tommy. That "rage timeout" was a good idea. Now think about the little information you have... "the teacher knows AT LEAST one of them is lying..."

      Delete